Job Posting | March 25, 2021
Position: Director, Safety & Quality
Reporting to: President & CEO
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The Director, Safety & Quality reports to the President and is responsible for providing an independent overview of the safety and quality of AirSprint’s flight and maintenance operations.
The Director has direct and immediate access to the President at all times on safety matters. Working with the maintenance and flight operations QA managers, the Director monitors the overall internal safety and quality level, as well as the external industry safety hazards and trends. The Director is responsible for proposing safety policy, monitoring policy implementation, and reporting on the safety status to the Board of Directors.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide an independent safety overview of AirSprint’s flight and maintenance operations.
- Provide the Board of Directors with an annual safety briefing and quarterly updates of the internal safety status, and external trends.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and business growth plan, with specific focus on the safety vision and policy.
- Propose safety policy based on internal and external review of actual safety concerns and industry direction.
- Lead and continually improve the company safety and quality management system, including the reporting, investigation, analysis, and software application. Monitor safety and quality corrective actions.
- Dig into the safety and quality reports and data to determine trends and areas for improvement.
- Implement modern and progressive approaches, processes, tools and systems into the safety & quality function.
- Develop and execute on key objectives, metrics, and performance indicators for the safety & quality functions.
- Promote a positive safety culture and safe practices throughout the organization.
- Publish the quarterly company safety briefing, and the monthly quality assessment analysis.
- Give timely advice and assistance on safety matters to all directors and managers.
- Working with applicable managers, ensure that the annual audit program is completed.
- Working with the Vice President of Operations, maintain the company emergency response plan and act as a key emergency response team member.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and safety events.
- Manage the company occupational health and safety program and act as the employer representative.
- Chair the employee safety committee(s).
- Act as a liaison between directors on matters affecting safety.
- Maintain an open relationship with aircraft manufacturers, regulators, and safety organizations.
- Represent the company at safety conferences.
- Maintain familiarity with all aspects of AirSprint’s operation and personnel.
- Be an active and visible leader in the organization, with a high level of engagement among the staff.
- Share the corporate Vision and be a role model for AirSprint’s Values.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including; senior leadership, board of directors, employees, clients, suppliers, regulators, and related industry groups.
- Maintain proficiency in an AirSprint aircraft and perform the duties of a PIC/SIC/Training pilot (as qualified) on an as needed or partial basis (as applicable if pilot qualified).
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the President.
- 10+ years experience in aviation operations or maintenance
- 5+ years experience in aviation management or aviation safety
- Active Pilot / AME experience is an asset
- Formal education is aviation safety is an asset
Interested applicants should submit a resume by email only. Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.