JOB POSTING | January 17, 2022
Position: Flight Support Dispatcher
Reporting to: Operations Control Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Type: Full-Time / Permanent
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost personalized for their individual needs.
The Big Picture:
The primary focus of the Flight Support Dispatcher is to ensure logistics for each flight are efficiently organized and entered into the operations software system. Equally important, flight support offers direct support to the Pilot-in Command (PIC) and Integrated Operations Control Centre by preparing flight plans, weather briefs, and ops alerts. This position proactively creates group awareness of changing operational environments and adjusts services to the PIC and the aircraft in response. Additionally, the Flight Support Dispatcher ensures trip itineraries and support documents are effectively communicated to aircrew.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the trip package, scheduling software and flight logistics page are aligned and correct.
- Complete all non-owner logistics for each trip assignment.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the aircrew such things as trip itineraries and support documents.
- Communicate the flight arrangements with the international trip planning company for overseas trips once approved by the Duty Manager.
- Complete all operational requirements and ensure the aircrew have confirmed their flight assignment.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience with flight planning techniques, tools, and software, inclusive of understanding weather, NOTAMs, aircraft performance, and weight and balance implications.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada regulations and standard.
- Experience in MS Office and MS Window.
- Exceptional customer service experience.
Bonus points if you have:
- Completed Transport Canada’s written examinations for Commercial Pilot Aeroplanes (CPAER) and Instrument Rating (INRAT.
- Completed Transport Canada’s Flight Dispatcher Generic Written Examinations (FDOPS and FDMET).
You’ll fit right in if your values match ours:
- Safety – Looking out for one another to avoid injuries from occurring.
- Service – Helping our internal and external customers as much as we can.
- Humility – Finding and learning ways to make ourselves better.
- People – Understanding that we may have our differences, we have more common than we realize to work together.
- Integrity – Understanding that if we make a mistake, take responsibility for it and learn from it.
- Community – Giving a helping hand to those in our communities that need some support.
We think you’ll like working for us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits and paid time off.
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program.
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence.
- We offer family and friends flight benefits.
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core value of "Community" means we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation.
- We’re focused on safety, which is why we require applicants to complete a background check assessment and provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as conditions of employment.
$47,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
We would like to invite you to apply for our position of Personal Flight Concierge and have your career take off with us. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email only.
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.