JOB POSTING | May 27, 2021
Position: Human Resources Manager
Reporting to: VP, Finance & CFO
Location: Calgary, Alberta
This is an exciting new role to the Company with the opportunity to build something new. AirSprint has 20 years of proven processes that are ready to be streamlined and optimized.
As a Human Resources Manager, reporting to the VP, Finance & CFO, you will advise on strategies in the Human Resource function including policy, program and procedure development, implementation and streamlining, employee & labour relations, performance management, training and development, talent retention, compensation & benefits including contract negotiations.
- Streamlines processes, procedures, and policies across the organization for functional effectiveness, and centralizing documentation;
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance;
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions to assess industry trends and best practices;
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues;
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization;
- Assist management with hiring and recruitment processes;
- Oversees new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals;
- Assess need for, development of and maintenance of an human resources system that meets management information needs;
- Oversee the administration of benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance;
- Management of employment processes including onboarding, promotion, performance review, progressive discipline and exit and others as required;
- Creates and oversees salary administration program and performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization;
- Administers ongoing employment surveys to measure and increase employee engagement with the Company; and,
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A university degree with 7 years of related HR experience;
- Solid understanding of best practices, employment standards, human rights and federal legislations related to Human Resources;
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionalism, confidentiality and with complex HR and organizational issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, demonstrating approachability, fairness, listening skills, influence and diplomacy; French is an asset;
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities;
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic and fast paced environment;
- Preference for working in a small business environment (approximately 150 employees);
- Demonstrated consulting and coaching skills in advising appropriate solutions;
- Ability to function in a collaborative team environment while ensuring clarity and understanding of business goals, business objectives and effective information distribution;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills and HRIS skills; and,
- Previous aviation industry experience will be considered an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email only. Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.