JOB POSTING | JULY, 2022
Position: Operations Analyst
Reporting to: COO & VP, Operations
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Type: Full-Time / Permanent
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost personalized for their individual needs.
The Big Picture:
As an Operations Analyst, you understand the importance of using analytics in problem-solving and enjoy working with data and finding efficiencies. This role will research and analyze operational data, build reports to help inform decisions, provide suggestions to streamline operations, and identify opportunities for improvement.
In this role you will:
- Collect, examine, and interpret operational data sets, including gathering metrics relating to recently implemented strategies.
- Prepare reports detailing opportunities for operational improvements, cost-efficiencies, and the significance of statistics. Provide metrics to inform strategic plans and operational decisions including the economic/financial impact of changes.
- Determine which operational performance data to compile and which data-collection methods are used to ensure only relevant data is gathered.
- Review previous data for comparison and trend analysis.
- Provide analytic expertise in determining strategies and process efficiencies for operations.
- Collaborate with Operations Team to collectively achieve AirSprint’s objectives, metric, and published Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), including KPIs of availability, on-time, client satisfaction, service reliability, OSC (empty flight) reduction, and efficiency.
- Collect and analyze data relating to AirSprint Owner travel patterns to predict peak flight days, OCS (empty flight) reductions, areas of demand (time and/or location) and route patterns. Using this data, liaise with department directors to improve resource allocation efficiencies.
- Leverage metrics and best practices to continuously improve key operational metrics such as aircraft transfer rentals, crew availabilities, aircraft availabilities, on-time performance, etc.
- Identify key projects to improve operational efficiencies and efficient use of aircraft and human resources.
- Provide planning input for operational departments including Maintenance, Flight Operations, Operations Control, and Owner Services, using metrics to suggest efficiencies in scheduling and Owner flight patterns.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 3 years of related progressive experience including experience working with analytics and gathering and examining data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and superior Excel skills.
- Experience using data collection and interpretation software such as SalesForce, Microsoft Power BI or other business intelligence programs.
- Experience creating dashboards and reports for use in strategic operational decisions.
- Experience creating and enhancing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Bonus points if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, or a related field.
- Transportation or airline industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, or a related field.
- Transportation or airline industry experience
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Are detailed-oriented and strive to provide high-quality work
- Are able to effectively operate and complete work with little direction.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing in order to present data in a clear and logical way.
- Act with integrity and honesty and can maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Have great judgement and decision-making skills
- Are a humble team player and are ready to pitch in wherever you’re needed.
We think you’ll like working for us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits and paid time off.
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program.
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence.
- We offer family and friends flight benefits.
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core value of "Community" means we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation.
We would like to invite you to apply for our position of Operations Analyst and have your career take off with us. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email only.
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DOWNLOAD IOCC CAREER GUIDE