JOB POSTING | May 4th, 2022
Position: Training and Standards Manager
Reporting to: Director, Training and Standards
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Type: Full-Time / Permanent
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost personalized for their individual needs.
The Big Picture:
As a Training and Standards Manager, you will play a key role in maintaining and managing AirSprint’s training programs and ensuring compliance thereof with the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs). This role will frequently collaborate with various operational departments including Flight Operations, Operations Control, and Maintenance to establish, update and deliver training.
In this role you will:
- Ensure all published training and standards tools and programs are aligned with regulatory compliance requirements under the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs).
- Monitor applicable regulatory authorities for Notice of Proposed Amendments (NPAs) to anticipate, communicate, and prepare and implement changes to training and/or compliance standards, programs, and tools.
- Liaise with Transport Canada to ensure compliance with all required regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with Training and Standards team and other stakeholders to identify and propose changes to training tools and programs to ensure continued compliance of with CARs and training best practices.
- Optimize training resources and activities to ensure the most efficient use of facilities, instructors, contracts, tools, and trainees.
- Participate in the procurement, contracting and implementation of 3rd party training providers, suppliers, and Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Dayforce, Fl3xx, Flight Safety, CourseWebs, etc.
- Develop and enhance internal training programs and supporting tools in line with best practices.
- Coordinate training and compliance programs including, but not limited to, new pilot onboarding, ground school, simulator training, and line indoctrination.
- Update and develop training standards and procedural documents as required.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure compliance of AirSprint training practices with regards to foreign regulations, standards, procedures, and certification requirements for international areas flown by AirSprint.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum of 3 years of training and development experience, preferably in the aviation sector including experience coordinating simulator training, line training and ground school training.
- Intermediate familiarity with section(s) 703 (Private Aviation), 704 (Charter Operations), and/or 705 (Airlines) of the Transport Canada Regulations and Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs).
- Experience developing and delivering training content.
- Proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Are an excellent troubleshooter and problem-solver
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Are passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Act with integrity and honesty and can maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Have great judgement and decision-making skills
- Are a humble team player and are ready to pitch in wherever you’re needed
- Can roll with the punches without getting flustered
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience as a Pilot-in-Command (PIC) on a multicrew jet aircraft
- Related experience in the aviation industry.
- Project management experience.
We think you’ll like working for us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits and paid time off
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence
- We offer family and friends flight benefits
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core values of Community and People means we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation
- We’re focused on safety, which is why we require applicants to complete a background check assessment and provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as conditions of employment
We would like to invite you to apply for our position of Training and Standards Manager and have your career take off with us. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email.
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.