JOB POSTING | SEPTEMBER, 2022
Position: Payroll & Benefits Clerk
Reporting to: HR Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta (hybrid work environment)
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost personalized for their individual needs.
The Big Picture:
AirSprint is growing and we’re looking for a detail-oriented Payroll and Benefits Clerk to join our team! As a Payroll and Benefits Clerk, you understand the importance of getting things done right the first time and thrive on meeting deadlines. This role will be responsible for assisting the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator with administering AirSprint’s payroll and benefits programs.
In this role you will:
- Provide administrative support throughout the full payroll cycle in Ceridian Dayforce including:
- Prepare and validate semi-monthly full-cycle Canadian payroll for approximately 250 salaried and hourly employees
- Verifying employee timesheet data and other pay adjustments
- Processing new hires, terminations, and employee status changes (e.g., compensation adjustments, leaves of absences)
- Processing onetime adjustments to earnings, deductions, and memo calculations.
- Administer the employee benefit plan including processing new enrollments, updates, and terminations as required.
- Prepare payroll related filings and supporting documentation, including RRSP contributions, Records of Employment, and other statements
- Provide prompt, friendly customer service to employees on payroll related questions and inquires.
- Assist with other duties and projects as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of one years’ related payroll and benefits administration experience in a cloud based HRIS platform (ADP, Ceridian, etc.)
- Have or are working towards the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience administering and/or processing payroll data in Ceridian Dayforce
- Knowledge of Canadian Labour Code and other applicable legislation
- A certificate in Payroll Administration or payroll related training
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Focus on getting things right, down to the last detail
- Multi-task effectively, without getting flustered
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Are passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Act with integrity and honesty and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Have great judgement and decision-making skills
- Are a humble team player and love to pitch in wherever you’re needed.
We think you’ll like working for us because:
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core values of Community and People mean we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits, and paid time off
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program
- We value Safety, which is why we require applicants to complete a background check assessment as a condition of employment
We would like to invite you to apply for our position of Payroll & Benefits Clerk and have your career take off with us. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email only.
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.