JOB POSTING | November 2022
Position: Flight Training Scheduler
Reporting to: Director, Training Standards
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Type: Full-Time / Permanent
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost personalized for their individual needs.
The Big Picture:
Have your career take off with us! Our team is growing and we’re looking for a collaborative, organized, and analytical individual to join our team as a Flight Training Scheduler! As a Flight Training Scheduler, you enjoy the challenge of maintaining a complex training schedule, ensuring alignment with organizational and regulatory training requirements. This position will play a key role in ensuring the flight training schedule for our pilots is organized and communicated in an effective and timely manner.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate complex training schedules for a large group of commercial pilots, including company indoctrination, flight simulator and line indoctrination training.
- Liaise with operational teams to develop and communicate training schedules for pilot trainees, training pilots, ground instructors, and other positions as required.
- Coordinate training requirements and schedules with third party providers in an effective and professional manner.
- Assist with maintaining company manuals and supplementary documentation such as forms and documents from a training perspective.
- Provide administrative support using our internal learning platform, Ceridian Dayforce.
- Provide recommendations and support of scheduling software, applications, and user interactions.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience coordinating and developing complex schedules or related experience in an operational, regulatory, or logistical role.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (specifically MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe, and Outlook).
- Ability to obtain Enhanced Security Clearance
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience using a learning management system.
- Experience in a training role with primary focus on operational or regulatory content.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a commercial aviation, or comparable transportation environment.
- General understanding of aviation concepts, policies, and procedures.
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Able to identify inefficiencies in complex plans/schedules and provide quick and effective recommendations and solutions to maximize efficiency and effectiveness thereof.
- Have a keen attention to detail and an “eagle-eye”.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Understand the importance of adhering to timelines.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Are eager to learn and excited by the growth possibilities that AirSprint has to offer.
- Are resourceful in finding information and fact checking.
- Are a collaborative team player, willing to share ideas and pitch in wherever you’re needed.
We would like to invite you to apply for our position of Flight Training Scheduler and have your career take off with us. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email only. Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now and have your career take off with us!